New Haven is a beautiful, diverse, and historic city featuring a thriving arts scene and several nationally renowned employers. For all its charms, The Elm City is also one of the most dangerous driving cities in the country. When careless, reckless, and vicious acts lead to injury and death, the residents of New Haven rely on the personal injury services of Harlow, Adams & Friedman, P.C.
Our firm handles all kinds of personal injury claims in New Haven, Connecticut. When people suffer serious injuries in car accidents, construction accidents, workplace accidents, and more, our compassionate and driven attorneys offer complete injury claim support. We can help you understand your legal options and take action against wrongdoers.
Why You Should Hire Harlow Adams Friedman for Your New Haven Injury Case
When an accident happens, your first thought may be to file a claim with your insurance company or the insurance company of the at-fault party, especially in car accident cases. While this path may seem simple and easy during an overwhelming time, insurance companies do not know all the facts of your case. They may try to lowball victims without proper legal representation. In addition, they can only provide compensation up to their policy limits.
If you have expensive medical bills, months of lost wages, and other significant damages, a personal injury lawsuit is a pathway to obtaining maximum compensation. Our New Haven personal injury attorneys at Harlow Adams Friedman are skilled at interviewing witnesses, gathering documented evidence, and guiding our clients through the personal injury litigation process. We will conduct thorough investigations to recover appropriate damages and compensate for all possible losses from your accident.
The Importance of Legal Representation in New Haven
After a car accident in New Haven’s I-95, a slip and fall accident in Elm City Market, or an on-the-job accident at Yale, those involved often suffer physically and financially. Soft tissue injuries can lead to chronic and relentless pain. Permanent injuries may prevent an individual from returning to his or her previous quality of life. Preventable deaths can leave spouses, children, and other family members with the devastating consequences of an unexpected loss. Many people experience financial hardship because of medical costs, lost wages, and the lost ability to generate income.
Our attorneys protect injured clients’ rights to compensation under Connecticut laws. We advise clients on the merits of insurance settlement offers, negotiate with insurers to ensure fairness, and pursue lawsuits when insurers and wrongdoers fail to offer full compensation. In addition to building a case and driving the legal process, we assist our clients throughout the recovery process. Our firm offers:
- Access to expert medical support. Ability to obtain high-quality medical care and reputable care providers play a crucial role in personal injury claims. We rely on a network of experienced surgeons, rehabilitation therapists, and other healthcare professionals who provide premier health care services in New Haven and surrounding areas. U.S. News & World Report ranks Yale-New Haven Hospital as the best hospital in Connecticut.
- Financial support. As your legal representatives in New Haven, we negotiate with bill collectors on your behalf. We frequently work with health care providers, mortgage holders, and others to protect our clients’ financial well-being.
- Emotional support. When you partner with our attorneys, you will have access to the lead attorney in your case. Your attorney can answer any questions you may have throughout your legal journey. We’re here to help you achieve the maximum possible recovery after suffering from another’s negligence or malicious act.
The right personal injury attorney will make a difference in your after-accident experience and your potential recovery amount. For peace of mind after a preventable accident, partner with a firm with decades of experience and a reputation for success in the New Haven area.
What Type of Compensation Can I Claim in a New Haven Personal Injury Case?
If you suffer injuries in an accident in New Haven, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries, lost wages, and physical and mental pain and suffering through a personal injury lawsuit. Whether you were out of work for a few weeks or required an expensive medical procedure, a personal injury lawsuit can help you recover the financial resources you have lost.
The court calculates damages based on the circumstances of the accident, the losses suffered by the victim, and the liability of each party. These damages can help get your life back in order after an unexpected accident. Examples of compensation you can recover in personal injury lawsuit cases include:
- Lost wages. If you were out of work because of your injuries, the court can recover damages in the amount of your wages from the time of the accident.
- Medical bills. If you had to receive medical care for your injury, such as an expensive surgery, medication, or even a few doctor’s visits, recovered damages can pay your bills.
- Pain and suffering. If the accident left you with severe physical pain, incapacitation, or mental anguish, you can recover financial compensation.
- Damages to property. If the accident damaged your car, your home, or any other personal belongings, you can recover damages to repair or replace these items.
The court may also require the at-fault party to pay double or triple damages based on the circumstances of the case. If the court finds that the at-fault party caused the accident deliberately or out of recklessness, he or she may have to pay more damages as a form of punishment.
The Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Harlow Adams Friedman handles multiple types of personal injury cases for our clients. If you are a victim in any of the following scenarios, our attorneys are available to help you today.
- Bus accidents, including pedestrian-bus collisions, car-bus collisions, and on-board passenger accidents
- Car accidents.
- Construction site accidents, including incidents involving employees and passersby
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability incidents
- Truck accidents
- Injuries at work
- Wrongful death because of an accident
Your New Haven Personal Injury Trial Attorneys
At Harlow, Adams & Friedman, P.C., we bring our clients more than 40 years of practice experience. Our work routinely takes us to the New Haven GA23 Courthouse on Elm Street as well as the nearby probate court and federal courthouses. We know the local judges and the best strategies for pursuing a claim to trial, if necessary. Our attorneys are friendly, accessible, and heavily involved in the local community. If you experience a serious and avoidable injury in New Haven, Connecticut, reach out to our firm at (203) 878-0661 for a free consultation.