Andrew W. Skolnick represents clients in all aspects of federal and state civil litigation in matters involving professional malpractice, commercial litigation, property loss and damage, insurance coverage disputes, personal injury, catastrophic loss, product liability, probate disputes, and consumer and workplace-related class actions. Mr. Skolnick also represents clients before the workers’ compensation commission and other administrative agencies.
Mr. Skolnick has represented litigants in civil cases since 1993. Mr. Skolnick has represented clients involved in a wide range of complex commercial litigation, including victims of employee theft, wage and hour disputes, international trade and significant loss of assets. He has tried numerous jury cases to verdict on behalf of both individuals and businesses.
Mr. Skolnick received his undergraduate degree from Trinity College in 1989 and obtained his law degree from Syracuse University College of Law in 1992.
Mr. Skolnick is admitted to practice in the State of Connecticut (1992) and the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut (1994). His professional affiliations include long-standing memberships and participation in the Connecticut Bar Association and Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association. Mr. Skolnick is active in a number of community and charitable organizations and has served on the boards of the Woodbridge Connecticut Rotary Club, Beth-Wood Baseball League, and Beth-Wood Softball League. He serves on the Town of Woodbridge Planning and Zoning Commission, and the Regional Planning Commission (RPC) for the South Central Regional Council of Governments (SCRCOG).
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- All aspects of civil litigation through trial including over 50 jury trials to conclusion and well over seven hundred depositions.
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Hurwitz, Sagarin, Slossberg & Knuff, LLC, Milford, CT (2006-2014)
- Partner/Member. Civil trials in all courts throughout Connecticut on behalf of both individuals and businesses, including commercial litigation, personal injury, professional malpractice, automobile and premises liability, product liability, and insurance claims. Management and oversight of staff with regard to litigation matters.
- Sinoway, McEnery & Messey, P.C., North Haven, CT (1999-2006)
- Civil matters through trial in state and federal court with a concentration on plaintiffs’ personal injury, medical malpractice, automobile and premises liability, product liability and workers’ compensation.
- McNamara & Kenney, P.C., Fairfield, CT (1996-1999)
- Civil matters through trial in state and federal court with a concentration on insurance defense, including insurance coverage issues and appeals.
- Cella, McKeon & Williams, P.C., North Haven, CT (1993-1996)
- Civil matters through trial in both state and federal court on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants as well as workers’ compensation matters. Defense work included municipal liability and coverage issues.