The civil litigation attorneys of Harlow, Adams & Friedman, P.C. are experienced in representing both individuals and business entities, and creditors and debtor in a wide array of civil matters, in both State and Federal Courts throughout Connecticut. We routinely represent both creditors and debtors in matters ranging from simple to complex, including:
- Contract disputes;
- Internal and external business disputes;
- Construction litigation;
- Personal injury claims;
- Commercial and residential real estate related disputes;
- Casualty loss claims;
- Business dissolution claims;
- Unfair Trade Practice claims;
- Commercial and residential landlord and tenant disputes;
- Trust and will contests and litigation;
- Alternative dispute resolutions;
- Bankruptcy litigation;
- Arbitration and mediation proceedings;
- Workers’ Compensation and Social Security claims;
- Creditor’s rights;
- Debtor’s rights;
- Planning & Zoning appeals;
- Tax appeals.
Our lawyers represent both employers and employees in the litigation, negotiation and arbitration of employment related disputes which include:
- Non-compete and restrictive covenant disputes;
- Claim for wrongful discharge;
- Race, age, religion, sex or national origin discrimination claims;
- CHRO claims;
- Claims by employees and employers as to wage, overtime and compensation disputes;
- Unemployment claims.
Our attorneys analyze situations presented from many different perspectives to seek logical, practical and cost-effective solutions, in an effort to prevent litigation or to assure success once litigation is instigated. No matter what employment-related issues you are faced with, it is likely that we have handled similar cases previously.
Additionally, Harlow, Adams & Friedman, P.C. routinely represents clients in many different appellate courts including CHRO appeals, zoning and probate appeals, as well as appeals to the Connecticut Appellate and Supreme Courts, the Connecticut District Court and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. With our experience we are able to review the records to determine proper basis of appeal and successfully present those claims before the appropriate appellate venue.
At Harlow, Adams & Friedman, P.C. our main goal is to find practical, cost-effective solutions to your civil litigation needs, with the ultimate goal to procure a fair and equitable result for our clients.
Our attorneys have given seminars on many different civil litigation matters for the Connecticut Bar Association (CBA), the National Business Institute (NBI) as well as other local and state professional associations.