AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Bankruptcy: Business and Consumer cases; creditor and debtor
- Commercial Law: contract disputes, corporate, LLC and partnership disputes
- Tax appeals
- Real Estate litigation
- Construction litigation and contract formation, mechanics lien rights
- Foreclosure defense and prosecution
- In re Curwen, (Curwen v Whiton) 557 B.R. 39 ( D. Conn. 2016)
- In re Guarneri, 297 B.R. 365 (2003); aff’d 308 B.R. 122 (2004)
- In re Jeremiah O’Brien, Case # 10-52610 ( 2/10/14) (reversal of Bankr.
- GECC v Metz Family Enterprises, 141 Conn. App. 412 ( 2013)
- Park National Bank v 3333 Main Street LLC ( 127 Conn. App. 774) (2011)
- CNB v. Nicholas E. Owen, II, 22 Conn. App. 468 ( 1990)
- CNB v. Great Neck Development Corp., 215 Conn. 143 (1990)
- Cushing v. Corporate America Federal Credit Union, 99 Bankr. Lexis 223
- City of Milford
- CityLine Distributors Inc.
- Riverview Realty & Development Company
- Salce Construction Co.
- Milford Bank
- Arnold Peck Realty World
- The Owen Organization and Affiliates
- Eastern Land Management Co.
- Mark IV Construction Co.
- Scott Swimming Pools Inc.
- Nutrition Evolution Inc.
- Art Metal Industries
- M&L Construction Co.
- Grasso Construction Co.
- Connecticut, 1980
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1981
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1981
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit 1993
- UNIVERSITY OF BRIDGEPORT SCHOOL OF LAW, Bridgeport, Connecticut J.D. –
- UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT,B.A. – 1977
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Political Science
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Bridgeport Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Past Employment Positions
- Charmoy & Nugent, Partner, 1982 – 1996
- Pro Bono Activities
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Pro Bono Program, 1990 – Present